Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

From the beginning continued

I laid on the bed and pushed as hard as I could for a half an hour during each contraction. By 5:30, I was dilated full. (ps. during the whole labor process, I didn't take an ounce of medicine!) I was send down to the operating room, cuz twins aren't born in the birthing rooms. My first girl was born at 5:45, and I helped my second girl out. She was 6 minutes behind at 5:51.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD NYURA AMOURE AND LILIA HONOUR!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you came into my world. It will be a challenge, but I am willing to stand here and fight it with you. I moved down to my parents a week after they were born.

This is a test and will continue to be a test from god. He gave me two beautiful girls. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming like dora says to nemo.
The first year was the hardest. I relied on my parents for everything, they pay my bills, they bought me clothes, they made me meals, they did everything but nurse the girls. Raising twin girls on my own with assistance from my parents is a test of my patience, temper, and love.

I have learned a lot being a single mother. Not every want is ever going to come true, not every dream will come true, but if you can wish yourself the best life that you can give, you have made a difference in your child(ren's) life. I see it everyday. I wake up to smiles on my girls faces. I have learned that everyone will struggle in their own way. My struggle is to be the best mom that I can be.

My latest struggle is not finding a job in my career field. I decided that I should follow my passion. Photography and cooking. My health career in ECG's can wait. I live with my parent's currently, and now need to find the resources and assistance to move on and get my own place. My parents tell me everything takes patience, and you can't put the cart before the horse, your setting yourself up for failure. So I think to myself do I want to fail no? Do I want to live in my parent's place any longer? No. So the next best thing is go get a daytime cooking job. I also came up with a wonderful work from home job. Its in the starting process, can't give away my idea just yet!

Recently, I came up with this idea that I would like to work with other struggling single mothers. I want to be their support system, turns out though, I still need my own support system. I recommend any mother should join a mommy group. How can I support anyone else, when I sometimes cry myself to sleep? Its been over a year that I have lived at home, I can't just sit here and hope an opportunity presents itself on my doorstep, I have to go fight for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment