Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

First year

Yes indeed, the first year is probably the hardest, but that's because I do not what the rest of the years are going to shape up to be like.  I am in a lot of online groups, trying to find as much information as I can.
When I look back on my first year, I see the struggles.  Can I do this?  Am I good enough to be a  mother?  Do I have the strength to raise two children at the same time?
1. Can I do this?  That question stayed in my head for a very long time.  I couldn't shake it.  Some how with my friends and family support along with a lot of praying I finally told myself to jump on the bandwagon!  YOU CAN DO THIS!  Just like the little engine that could, and Dora in Finding Nemo saying just keep swimming.
2. Am I good enough to be a mother? This question was hard to answer, I had lots of help the first few months, my mom getting up in the middle of the night to help me nurse, my dad coming home early so he could watch one child while I worked with the other.  The girls also had a little bit of colic, so every night we struggled until ten to put them to sleep.  It was long, difficult, and time consuming.  But you know what, I made it and I feel tons better now.  I made it through sleepless nights, crying babies, changing diapers, nursing while asleep, and colic.  I look at it as a blessing.  I am and will always be a good mother!
3.  Do I have the strength to raise two children at the same time?  I always get the question now how do u do it?  Well for one, I have no choice.  God gave me two children and I will raise two children.  I didn't think I would have the strength, but as of today I have more strength and power then I have ever had in my life.  I FEEL GREAT!!!!!
Strength comes with a price, you have to give up your time, to keep your attention on them.  But you know what, with two children, they always have someone to play with whether its good, bad or ugly.  Someone always to yell and scream and laugh at.  My alone time has come back, and I am starting to use it wisely, like writing this blog, finding online work, and finding work outside the house.

I want new moms to take this blog and read it.  I want to inspire new mothers.  I want you to know that you have the strength inside you to make it through anything.  Childbirth is just the beginning, but if you can power through that, then raising a child will show your skills and give you the ability to reach new heights.


1 comments:

Singlemommyhood said...

Just dropping by to say hello. Your children are adorable! So delighted we've connected. Are you on Twitter? We'd love to follow you. Please let us know.

Post a Comment