Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Potty Training

For all mothers out there, potty training can be done at any age!  I occasionally started my girls on the baby potty when they were six months old.  I wanted to introduce them to the potty and let them get adjusted to it.  I wanted them to know and understand that we go pee and poop in the potty.  I guess that I should have stuck with it more.  I only occasionally put them on the potty, but they know what it is now!  I let them run around every morning and give them the sign (tap your side) that means potty.  And you know what, they sign it but they still go to pee on the ground. :(  
Its a learning process, but I would like to say that I am making ground!  I hope that I have my girls potty trained by the time they are two!  That is my goal.  I am now making every weekend diaper free weekend.  They can run around outside naked if they want, as long as we get the sign down and understand that it means I have to go to the bathroom.  
I am starting to see the signs, they look down when they pee, they look at it and get a serious look on their faces.  They understand that they are peeing.  Its so cute, and I love that we are figuring it out!!!!!!!

Have lots of faith, patience, and strength!  It all happens in time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment